Friday, February 13, 2009

Bargain shopper

I absolutely LOVE shopping and buying clothes but my bank account won't allow me to shop as much as I would like. I remember in my younger days I used to shop almost every weekend. As I am getting older I am trying to be more financially responsible, especially in this recession. I've picked up a few "shopping secrets" along the way as an avid shopper. One of my favorite things to shop for is designer jeans (I love Hudsons and Seven For All Mankind)and if you pay retail for these jeans they can be VERY expensive, anywhere from $100-$250. I can honestly say that I have never spent more than $90 on a pair of jeans before. Very rarely will I pay full price for any clothing article, if I enter a store I usually head straight to the sales racks. Internet shopping is a great source for cute and inexpensive clothing. Urban Outfitters is way overpriced but I've recently made a few purchases from their online store and found that it is much cheaper. I bought a cute tank dress on their website for $8.99 and when I went into their actual store, they were charging $19.99 for the same exact thing, as a clearance item. One thing I have yet to do is venture to shopping at vintage stores because for some odd reason the smell of used clothes bothers me. My mom however loves thrift stores and she has bought me a few pairs of Lucky Brand jeans there for $5 and they are really cute!

Here are some of my shopping secrets:

-If you buy anything online be sure to google for coupon codes. For example, when I made my purchases on urbanoutfitters.com I googled "urban outfitters coupon code" and I got a 10% off coupon. Many companies offer free shipping or a certain % off coupon.

-Ebay is a great resource for name brand things but be sure to check out the seller's feedback rating and make sure they can guarantee authenticity. There are many frauds out there, so beware!

-When purchasing online, know and understand what types of fabric, brands, cut and styles fit you the best. This will help make shopping easier and less of a hassle for returns.

-Macys constantly has sales, be sure to scan any item on sale that you like because the Macys employees sometimes get lazy and don't always mark down the items. It's always a pleasant surprise when an item is a lot cheaper than what the actual ticket says.


If you have any shopping tips, feedback or suggestions feel free to comment away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home